Source: Wake Robin 2017 Farm to Table Recipe
Servings: cereal bowl of dip
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3T tahini
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, plus some for garnish
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Olive oil, if needed to thin the zummus and for garnish
- Paprika for garnish
- Slice zucchini into planks and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to medium high heat and oil the grates
- Grill the zucchini a couple of minutes per side, or until grill marks appear.
- Place grilled zucchini, garlic cloves, lime juice, tahini, cumin, cilantro, salt and pepper into food processor. Turn it on and run until zummus becomes smooth. Add a bit of olive oil if you want a thinner consistency
- Spoon the zummus into a bowl and top with a drizzle of olive oil, sprinkle with paprika and a few cilantro leaves.
- Serve with pita wedges, crackers, or corn chips (unspiced, like those served as restaurant pre-entrees)